23 Sep Commercial Sales Report – August 2022
DOWNLOAD FULL REPORT (PDF)
- From the 7-year low of commercial sales activity in October 2020, East Baton Rouge Parish has seen a steady upward trajectory in number of sales and sales volume to the current all-time YTD highs of 372 transactions and $798.2 million transacted.
- The sales market is on pace to break the all-time record of dollar volume transacted and is anticipated to finish between $1-$1.5 billion.
- The Multifamily sector continues to see record numbers and accounts for 49.6% of each dollar transacted on commercial real estate in EBR Parish.
- Office and Land sales continue to lag behind other sectors in activity, but average prices per square foot have remained consistent or slightly risen over historical averages.
- As Industrial transactions increase so have average prices, up 9.9% vs. 2021 to $67.35/SF.