04 Jun Commercial Sales Report – May 2021
Posted at 13:12h in Content, Insights, Research, The Sales Report 0 Comments
- All commercial sales numbers in EBR Parish continue to trend above historical averages through May 2021.
- There have been a total of 203 commercial property sales recorded so far in 2021. This is the highest 5-month total (Jan-May) in the last 6 years.
- Through May, every sector except Land has seen more sales in 2021 than in any of the previous 6 years during the same period. For Land, 2021 is the 2nd most active year behind 2018.
- Compared to 2020, all sectors are also seeing higher sale prices in terms of price per SF or price per unit (Multifamily).
- So far this year, $298.2m has been transacted in commercial sales, compared to just $129.7m at this time in 2020–an increase of nearly 130%.
- The most significant change in transaction volume compared to 2020 is in the Multifamily sector. Total dollar volume is up 525% and total number of sales is up 243%.